Dr. Barker: Well, we do a lot of dentures. And I enjoy doing them. Because it changes people's lives as well. Let's just start with overall health. We now know that people with periodontal disease are at greater risk for heart disease and also diabetes. Occasionally, having said that, a general physician, an MD, primary care physician, will send their patients to me to get their teeth extracted because their patient can't regulate their blood sugar. Get the teeth out of the way that are holding all this plaque. And those bacteria eat what the patients eat. They give off the toxins, but it keeps the blood sugar elevated. When the teeth come out they don't have that problem anymore, and the sugar will level. You know, once the teeth are gone, someone could be concerned about a lot of things. One, where'd my smile go? How's that working? That helps to restore their appearance. Number two, helps them to chew better because obviously with no teeth, you can't chew as well as you do with teeth.
Thirdly, people tend to get a lot of joint problems when they have no teeth. And so that allows their mouth to over-close. And when their mouth over-closes, they get a lot of headaches, they get a lot of pain right through here. And so it just restores them. Gives them their appearance back, their smile. It allows them to chew. And we do a lot of them. And it really helps people. We get compliments pretty much daily.
Most offices, if you have a break in your denture or you lose a tooth in your denture, you have to be without your denture for a day or so, sometimes two or three days. That's why we have our own in-office lab so that when patients have those dental emergencies, whether it's a broken denture, lost tooth, cracked denture, whatever it is, we can usually fix that in a day, usually within a couple hours. So that the most they're out their teeth, maybe a couple hours instead of a couple of days. That's a big-time way we can serve patients, is be able to meet those needs and them not have to go without their teeth. It makes people self-conscious to go without teeth. So if they don't have to go without them, that makes it even better.
Our custom dentures:
- Are designed and made in our own dental lab
- Start with a wax model that lets you “try out” your new teeth
- Allow you to choose from several different options so you can get the one that’s best suited to your requirements and your budget
- Use quality materials like pressure-injected, heat-cured polymer acrylic
In addition, we offer same-day denture repair for our patients, so you never need to be without your teeth! Call 501-299-9117 to schedule a consultation and find out more about our dentures options.
With or Without Implants, Choose the Right Teeth Replacements
No matter what kind of budget you have or which features are important to you, you’ll be able to find the right custom dentures. Your choices include:
- Full Dentures – You can replace all of the teeth in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both with full dentures. Choose from economy, deluxe, or premium styles. Because we start with a wax model and make them in our own lab, you’ll enjoy a perfect fit.
- Partial Dentures – These replacement teeth attach to your remaining teeth with strong metal clasps. They’ll look natural and stay in place. Like our full dentures, you can select from several styles at different price points, one of which will be right for your smile.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Since they snap right onto dental implants, you won’t need adhesive to keep them in their proper position. Even better, implants will keep your jawbone from shrinking. They also give you chewing force similar to your natural bite.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Instead of being attached directly to implants, these teeth replacements attach to a sturdy bar that is anchored to your implants. Like implant-retained dentures, your teeth will stay in place without adhesive, and your jawbone will stay strong.
Because of his extensive experience with all kinds of dentures, Dr. Joseph Barker can help you determine which ones will be best for your situation.
Experience the Difference of an In-House Dental Lab
Our dental lab helps us provide you with the best dentures possible! With quality control completely in-house, there is no chance of miscommunication or misunderstandings with an outside lab. We’re so confident of the quality of our custom dentures, we offer a money-back guarantee. We also offer warranties ranging from one to three years. Thanks to our in-house lab, we can also offer same-day denture repair.
We start the dentures process by taking careful impressions of your teeth. We use the impressions to create a wax model of your new smile. You’ll try on the model to confirm you’re happy with the size, shape, and color of your teeth before the actual manufacturing process begins. We can also make temporary dentures for you to wear while your mouth heals. Our technician has been creating top-of-the-line dental restorations for more than 40 years.
To see for yourself how different our dentures in Searcy are, call 501-299-9117.