Speaker 1: We're set up to help people with dental emergencies because we always have room in our schedule, every day, set aside for dental emergencies. Secondly, we have extra operatories, so we can always work someone in. Maybe not exactly at the moment they call, but usually within just a few hours we'll have them in, and try to address their needs and get them out of pain.
So we're set up to do that, we have extra staff to do that, so that if somebody calls, even if I'm busy and everything, we can work someone in, and we've got the staff, the facility, and the time set aside to do that.
In addition to same-day care, we treat emergencies with:
- A wide variety of restorative dentistry, including root canals and dental crowns
- A compassionate team who has seen every kind of dental emergency in their years of working together
- Private operatories for anxiety-free care
- Inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”) and comforts like blankets, if you need help relaxing
If you need urgent dental care, call 501-299-9117 to reach Dr. Joseph Barker.
We Make It Easy to See Us ASAP for a Dental Emergency
The quicker you can see our team in a dental emergency, the quicker we can resolve your problem – and get you feeling better if you’re in pain. That’s why we reserve a block in our schedule every day for emergency dental care. With our extended hours and this reserved time, it’s often possible for us to see you on the same day you call us. We’ll assess your situation and determine next steps.
From a Toothache to a Broken Tooth, We’ll Get You Feeling Better Fast
No matter the nature of your emergency, we’ve got a complete range of restorative dentistry procedures to help. Here is how we typically handle some of the more common emergencies:
- Toothache – Tooth pain can signal anything from a cavity to a serious infection. It’s important you see us ASAP so we can determine the cause. Depending on the size of a cavity, we’ll repair it with a tooth-colored filling or a dental crown. If your tooth is infected, you’ll need root canal therapy.
- Broken Tooth – We’ll likely be able to repair the break and keep your tooth intact with a crown. If the break has left a jagged or sharp edge, use dental wax or even sugarless chewing gum to keep it from cutting your tongue or other soft tissue in your mouth. Avoid biting down on the tooth.
- Broken Dental Restoration – If your dentures are broken, our in-house dental lab can repair them in just one day! We’ll also repair restorations like a crown, if possible. If not, we’ll provide you with a temporary to wear until we can get you a new restoration.
Be Prepared for Emergencies
We recommend programming our number into your smartphone so you don’t have to search for it when quick action may be critical. You may also want to create emergency dental kits for your home and your car. We suggest including gauze, dental wax, tweezers, ice packs, saline solution (for rinsing your mouth), a topical pain reliever, and a pain reliever like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
Call us ASAP at 501-299-9117 for dental emergencies in Searcy.